donderdag 12 maart 2009

Nu hoor je het eens van een miljonair


Ben Lowrey is iemand die ik een aantal maanden geleden op een workshop van Mark Anastasi leerde kennen. Ondertussen hebben wij meer contact en dit is wat Ben te zeggen heeft over Purpose in Life. (Ben is 26 en miljonair!)

Establishing a purpose implies that the world and my life will improve as I strive closer towards my goals. This does not fit with my beliefs. I believe life is completely trivial and meaningless. I believe the world is perfect and there is nothing to improve. These beliefs render the popular ‘self-help’ concept of “having a specific purpose” as useless and irrelevant.

My purpose can be described in a very simple way that could be easily mistaken for being too ambiguous and unspecific.

My Purpose : I have no purpose, but If something feels good I probably should carry on doing it.

My refusal to define any specific purpose is a result of my fundamental belief that nothing can be improved. Hence there appears to be no urgency or passion in my statement. But the truth is I am in a constant state of loving my life and never wishing for it to be any different, whilst still following the quiet whispers of intuition that lead me to follow one path and not another.

To take this exercise any more seriously would be to try and escape the fact that none of this matters because we are going to die anyway.

So. Within the context of completing this exercise to improve my trading, and based on the fact that I have always had a natural lust for money. I will simply state my purpose as this:

My Purpose : To be a rich successful business man and to enjoy the challenge and game of making money.

I am already financially free and I believe I always will be. Survival / Basic needs will never be part of my motivation. I consider myself way beyond that. I will always have enough money to have a nice home for my family, education for my kids, and regular holidays. None of that stuff interests me, I consider that already done and complete.

What motivates me is the desire to achieve. For no purpose other than the thrill of personal growth. I do have a drive to be significant and business is a fun game that gives me excitement, challenge, variety, and significance.

I am not motivated by making a difference in the world (at least not in the typical sense). I am not motivated by solving social problems. I am motivated by leading by example and demonstrating what is possible.

I am motivated by becoming extremely successful and demonstrating to people that you can unapologetically live the life that you want. I may well choose to do a lot philanthropic things with my time and money but that is not my primary focus at this stage in my life.

I believe life is meaningless. I do not believe the world is broken or needs fixing. I do not believe I am special. I do not care if there is life after death. All I know is when something makes me feel good, I do more of it. When something makes me feel bad, I do less of it. I find I am naturally drawn to be a rich entrepreneur. I will not make the world a better place. I will not make the world a worse place. I will inevitably make the world a different place.

As well as business, I am also interested in economics, politics, conspiracy theories, psychology, para-psychology, healing, physics, and remote control helicopters.

I am committed to become a profitable trader because it suits my lifestyle and my personality. It is difficult enough that I can feel significant over other people. It is profitable enough that it will give me the money I want. And it is convenient that I can do it from a computer anywhere in the world. There is no customer service, no need to be polite to customers as with other businesses. I can trade just 4 – 5 hours per day and have the rest of the day to persue other interests. All in all, it is very attractive, that is why I am doing it.

Ben Lowrey

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten